I awake at 8:15 am for my flight to New York at 11:45. After packing up my scattered belongings in the hotel room, we check out and make our way to Sea-Tac. After arriving and doing self check-in for Delta Airlines, realizing my flights arriving at JFK oppposed to LaGuardia, me and mom make our way for security. I realize that this is the last time I wiill see my mother for two months. We say our goodbyes and things get weepy because we know well miss eachother. I go through security and make my way for gate S7 for flight 182. After arriving at gate S7, a sign says the flight has been moved to gate S3. After arriving at the gate and trying to get a seat assingment from the bitchiest asian woman I've ever talked too, I decide to try to get some breakfast before my flight. I contemplate waiting in the 50 person line for "Seattles Best Coffee" but deside to go with the "Sea-Tac Grill". I try to order their breakfast sandwich but the woman blurts out "NO BREAKFAST!", Sorry I thought you'd still be serving breakfast at 10 in the morning, my mistake, bitch. So I make a split second decision to go with a hamburger meal. My stomache was upset so I chucked the meat and just ate the bread and condiments, hoping it would hold me over for the flight. After waiting again to be assigned a seat, Im finally waiting in line to board.
My ticket is scanned and I'm walking on the terminal to the plane. After being greeted by four of the most ancient flight attendents i've ever seen, I make my way to my seat "14F". Luckily I got a window seat, so I would be able to snap shots throughout the whole plane ride, but on the down side I was beside a large sweaty persian man and behind a large black man that had his seat fully relined. Oh what a comfortble plane ride this was going to be. But enough of my bitching. The plane ride was alright, I mostly watched womans volleyball for the whole time, I also messed around on my IPad a little, typing down good jazz artists from the plane music section. After a sketchy landing, we had to wait ten minutes for the other plane to leave the Tarmac, giving me enough time to wait for the right angle to catch a plane infront of a sunset.
I departed the plane and made my way for bagge claim to meat Ariel. After metting her we got my luggage and waited for Adrianne to pick us up in her Nissan. Seeing Adriane again was great, shes such a great person. I thanked her for being able to pick me up from JFK, cabbing would have been 50$ into the city. We get to Joe's apartment then go out for Sushi at Haru on Amsterdam St. Such great sushi. Ariel then treated me to 16 "?", it was a make it yourself Pinkberry practically, chelsea would've loved it. Then we walked back to Joe's apartment, I said my goodbyes with Adrianne and Ariel, and went upstairs. Joe went over a few ground rules of the appartment and gave me some advice about transportation. Dad then Magic-Jack'ed me and I got to check up on him and dyl, they seem to be doing alright, dad also talked with Joe and made a good impression. I then blazed a joint with Joe surpisingly and had some very deep discussions about life, he told me his passion in writing, and how he came to New York when he was 25 to try to fufill his mother's dreams of making it in the acting buisness, he also told me about his mid-life crisis and how when he hit 50 he realized he needed to decide what he wanted in life, and his epiphany was he was doing what he wanted to do, he was taking care of the one's he loved. He also gave me one important piece of advice for my journey here that I should always follow, "stay authentic, be yourself". I really took those words and that moment to heart. I need to stay myself here in New York and not let things get over my head. I don't need to be mr pompous anything. I just need to be myself. It really cleared some anxiety i've been having. Joe then went to bed, I unpacked, then began writing this. It is now 2:13 am New York time, but to me its still 11:13 in Vancouver. I have a meeting with Christophe at New York Model Management in 7 hours and 47 minutes that I need to get to bed for. Goodbye till tommorow Weebly. This day was a journey in itself. 
11:54 PM. My flight leaves for New York in approximately 11 Hours and 36 minuites. Today was quite the day. Awoke at 7:30 after having the worst sleep of my life. First night without marijuana and I was awake as a bat. I tossed and turned in bed from 12 to 1 trying to sleep and eventually passed out. I awoke again at 4 with a churning stomach. I ran to the bathroom ensuring I did'nt throw up all over the hotel room. I layed hunched over the toilet for about 15 mins heaving and heaving trying to get out whatever was upsetting my stomach. Back to waking up at 7:30. I felt horrible and was not looking forward to my meeting with Heffner Management at 10. After some large cups and some water I was feeling better. Me and mom went and got breakfast at a quaint little diner here in Seattle, sharing an eggs benedict and ordering two sides of mashed potatoes and hashbrowns that were WAY to large for us to eat. We decided to get it to go and try to give it to a homeless person who needs it more than we do. We arrive infront of Heffner Management at 9:55, we get buzzed up and are greeted by the art director at Heffner, a tattoed petite asian woman with spacers but a gorgeous smile and amazing energy. She leads us into the agency where we are meeted by "?" (find out other womans name at Heffner), mom waited in the agency while the art director led me upstairs to do some digitlals for the agency. I was slightly nervous during the shots so I held back a little bit, but overall it went smoothly. From there, "?" gave me directions to go and meet with Nordstrom at "Studio N". Me and mom get slightly lost on our way to Studio N but we find it and arrive by 10:50, a little early for my 11:00 meeting. A random helps us into Studio N and helps us try to find Lucinda who was in a meeting. We wait for a couple of minuites and are taken to a seperate room where Lucinda is having her meeting. Lucinda then rises from the meeting, comes over to us and leads us into another room in Studio N where she tells me she will need to continue with the meeting, I end up meeting with the head of Male Model Design at Heffner, an awesome woman with great energy. After a very short meeting she says she will contact Heffner if she ever needs me. After Studio N, me and mom drive back to Heffner to drop off my book and company cards. After arriving back at Heffner, "?" gets me to fill out a standard contract with the agency, and a tax form. After me and mom leave Heffner, my day as a model is done! The next box on the list was my saving bonds. Me and mom travel to a Bank Of America and get the bonds delt with. I had $650 in face value with my bonds, but unfortinately they are only worth face value after 20 years of purchase, so my bonds only amounted to $495. After that the next box on the list was a cell phone. Lucky for us, Verizon Wireless was right across the street, so we entered, made an appointment for 10 mins. later, grabbed a starbucks, then came back and got my phone figured out. I was a little upset that I wasn't able to tranfer over my IPhone, It would have made navigation in New York easier. After we figured out my phone we decided to go to try and find some clothes. Conviently there was a Nordstroms down the street from Verizon so we stopped in to see if they had any good crew neck white tee's. We couldn't find what we were looking for and all of the white shirts were very overpriced. We decided to go to H&M. I get a couple sweaters, some khaki shorts, a black pair of pants, a black pair of shoes, a white, black, mid-grey and dark-grey crew neck shirts, and some work out shorts. All set for NY! Afterwards we decide to get some lunch, then go to the Museam of Rock and Roll and Science Fiction! We also visited the Space Needle which was awesome. Afterwards, we go to get shaving supplies at the drug store, and what else behind the counter besides, 12 DOLLAR 2'6s. You can actually afford to be an alchoholic in Seattle. Afterwards, me and mom went to "Fisheries", a great little seafood resturant near the water and had a heart to heart about me, it was a very touching moment. We then came back to the hotel for the night around 9:30 and gave Dyl and Dad a call, they seem to be doing fine despite my departure. I am very excited for New York tommorow after today. Adrianne is going to pick me up with Ariel to take me to Joes. I am kind of nervous but overall just excited. This shits actually happening man, it isn't just a distant dream anymore. Confidence is key. You deserve this.

Sitting here on my bed on 505 West Queens, North Vancouver, an hour before my depature to start this new life. I've had months to properly prepare for this day mentally, but I still cant help feeling like i'm unprepared. The feeling of checking over everything you've packed twice and still the thought that your forgetting something. My mom is driving out from Kelowna to help me get down to Seattle for my meeting with Heffner Agency and Nordstrom Agency on monday morning. I'm excited for New York and all the experiences it has for me, at the same time im nervous about my brother while I'm gone. After moving into my fathers house about a month ago, there is allot of unsettled tension. I don't feel good about leaving my brother in a vulnerable position with my dad, though at the same time, this is a new beginning for dylan to embark on his own life, make his own adventure. I am now typing on my laptop from our hotel at the Charton in Seattle. It's mondy night. Mom is sleeping while im typing and I should be in bed for my meeting with Heffner Agency in the morning.
 When me and dylan said our goodbyes he broke down. It's such a gut wrenching moment when you truly realize just how much you mean to a person.
I am nervous. I am scared. I feel alone. But at the same time im happy. It's good to be able to step away from the chaos of the last couple of years and focus on myself for awhile. This will be quite the adventure i'm starting. Just remember Justin. Be yourself and know you are loved. No matter what your doing. 

    Justin Sterling

    A 18 year old artist working as a model in New York City. My thoughts and events throughout my everyday life.


    August 2012